Our Vision and Values
“Our vision is of a thriving North of England, where modern transport connections drive economic growth and support an excellent quality of life.”
Transport for the North’s core values were developed in collaboration with its staff team. They reflect how we will operate, both individually and as an organisation:
We make a difference
- We will create opportunities for people and businesses that would not happen without us.
- We will improve and change the way things are done, capitalising on the North’s unique strengths.
- We will make the most of our position to stretch the boundaries of what we can achieve.
- We consult our partners and are the embodiment of a “single voice for the North”.
- We make the most of all our relationships, spanning the North of England and beyond, to deliver the right solutions.
- We build our relationships based on openness, transparency, trust and integrity.
We do the right thing
- We make sustainable, evidence-based decisions that maximise the positive outcomes they deliver for people and businesses across the North.
- We will work together to improve connectivity and deliver a vibrant and growing economy across the North of England over the shirt, medium and long term.
- We embrace diversity and work with others with honesty and respect.
We are driven to succeed
- We want to be the very best we can be. The drive for excellence and innovation informs everything we do.
- We will develop and grow, learning from both our mistakes and successes and sharing this with our partners.
- We are proud to represent the North and will facilitate a step change in connectivity across the North of England by being role models for how things are done.